Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 6: Mid-week update!

Today was FIELD TRIP DAAAAAY!

The field trip was all about measuring which is what we have been focusing on in our current math unit. During the field trip students had the opportunity to measure things outside! I loved this because it was refreshing to get some fresh air while doing math. That doesn't happen very often, does it? ;) 

My students favorite activity was measuring the diameter of trees! Overall, I had an excellent day running around with my crazy energetic group of 6 students measuring trees! (We measured a lot more than trees but it was certainly the highlight

It was also really great to have the experience of organizing a field trip and seeing how much prep work goes into that. I was in charge of carrying the first aid kit! Wahoo! 

Happy 1st day of October to us! 
This picture is from the classroom calendar :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment