Saturday, February 1, 2014

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss


I am pretty sure this Dr. Seuss quote explains exactly what I am going to try and do on this blog. I'm simply going to try and think. I want this blog to be a space where I can express myself in my own words about what I've been thinking. After three semesters in the college of education, I sure have done A LOT of thinking. 

I think about standardized tests and how much I don't like them. I think about the best children's literature books I have discovered in the Iowa City Public Library. I think about all the fun little decorations I want to have in my future classroom to make it an exciting place for learning. I think about the teacher I want to become and the experiences I want my students to have in my classroom. Every single day my mind seems to wander off to thinking about education in some way. I know this blog will be the perfect place for me to finally get my ideas out of my head. 

I am very excited about the experience I am about to have with the world of blogging!

1 comment:

  1. I "think" I am going to enjoy this blog, Rachel! Looking forward to seeing you develop your stance and dig into the problematic issues facing teachers in the classrooms of today!

    ReplyDelete