Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week 2: Mid-week update!

This picture summarizes the biggest change to this school district... TECHNOLOGY! Students in K-2 each have their own iPads and students in 3-5 each have their own Google Chrome Books. Geeze, I remember getting a floppy disk in my school supplies back in 2nd grade... Basically the next few months will be full of experiments and technological errors! Today I taught 19 2nd grade students how to take a picture of themselves and then set that as their lock screen. This was an adventure! They were so excited and anxious to play on their iPads. My biggest struggle was that I had absolutely no control over what they were ACTUALLY doing on their iPads. Lets just say today I had my teacher voice on full blast and probably repeated myself way too many times! This whole technology implementation will certainly be a learning experience for the teachers in SO many ways! Luckily I'm decently tech savvy and can quickly fix those 'wiggly icons' as my students like to say! (We had a major problem with pushing on the apps too aggressively and therefore causing app icons to move around :P ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment